- Students will be able to perform mathematical tasks competently. This includes writing proofs, solving problems, using technology, and collaborating on projects.
- Students will be able to assess and convey mathematical knowledge effectively. This includes reading mathematical literature, writing proofs and other prose, and giving presentations.
- Student will write mathematics (not including mathematical proofs) clearly, concisely, and correctly.
- Student will write mathematical proofs clearly, concisely, and correctly.
- Students will solve mathematics problems.
- Students will solve real world problems.
- Students will use technology to solve and/or explore mathematics problems.
- Students will read and comprehend mathematical works.
- Students will collaborate on projects.
- Students will make effective presentations to demonstrate their understanding of mathematical ideas.
The Core Courses for the Bachelor Degree in Mathematics will provide students the opportunity to master most of the learning objects. Additional courses required to complete the degree will provide additional learning opportunities.
MATH 200/201 (Objective 3)
MATH 255 (Objective 5)
MATH 300 (Objective 2)
MATH 307 (Objective 3, 4)
MATH 310 (Objectives 2, 3)
MATH 407 (Objective 2)
MATH 490 (Objectives 1, 2, 6, 8)